Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chchchchanges...

Change is ahead and happening all around me. In a few hours I'll start this adventure, and the reality of what is about to happen has not even begin to set in. Just over a week ago I was fully employed in a stable position that I could have stayed at with great support, fabulous co-workers, wonderful boss, stability, etc. all in a town that is full of nothing but comforts and people that I know and love. But for now I've decided to move on (not from the people of course) and start a new adventure. I've quit my job and moved out of my apartment after two years of living alone for the first time ever, and purged my life of almost all clutter to reduce my life to a hand full of boxes. Knowing who I was a few years ago, I could have predicted that this type of radical life change would send my head spinning in a million directions, leaving me a complete mess. Surprisingly enough, it hasn't at all. I feel calm and collected, and ready for this adventure to begin.


These last few weeks in Bham have been incredible to say the least, the summer is truly the best time to live in the Pacific Northwest. Summer heat, lake days, music festivals, baseball games, beach house, weddings, farewell gatherings, catching up with great friends, and probably too much drinking...it has been a great send off.










So here I am, kick starting this traveling adventure, and could not be more pleased with this decision and excited to take on whatever comes next.


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. " 
-Mark Twain